Denise Goldberg's blog

To Newfoundland!
An awesome August adventure

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Meeting friends

I've been exchanging emails with Gromit for what seems like a long time now. I think he emailed me after I started painting pictures with words in Denise's travel journals, and we've been talking ever since.

Gromit lives in Nebraska with Marilyn & John, and I've always tried to wave to him when Denise & I fly to the west coast. When I heard he was going to be flying into an airport close to us, I asked if he might have time to meet. And oh! This morning Denise & I headed up to Manchester to meet Gromit, his pal Hutch, Marilyn & John too. This is a visiting trip, but Gromit joins in on bike trips too. You can read about his latest adventure in Marilyn's blog, Mudge's Musings. He was lucky enough to see Lake Superior on his latest wander. I have only seen Lake Ontario & Lake Erie. Denise has seen all of the Great Lakes except for Superior. I wonder if the photos that we saw today of Gromit's visit there will convince her to head to the center of the country sometime soon.

Rover with pals Gromit & Hutch


Oh! I guess I'd better set my dreaming mind direction back to the east. Our trip to Newfoundland is getting closer...
--- Rover