Denise Goldberg's blog

To Newfoundland!
An awesome August adventure

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Canceled

I'm actually relieved. I was listening to the radio when I heard that Marine-Atlantic canceled all departures from tomorrow morning until Monday morning. I'm still hoping to get to Nova Scotia on Monday. They are not yet shuffling passengers; the agent I spoke to said they are making decisions on how to proceed now. When I asked how they manage to rebook 3 or 4 ferries worth of vehicles, she told me that they had stopped taking reservations for Monday and Tuesday, and that hopefully all vehicles would be accommodated quickly. I'm not holding my breath.

When I called the B&B in Sydney to cancel for tomorrow night the owners told me that they were waiting for my call. I had let them know that I would be coming in from the ferry when I made my reservation.

The wind is howling now, but the rain has stopped for a bit. It's time to walk again.