Denise Goldberg's blog

To Newfoundland!
An awesome August adventure

Sunday, August 30, 2009

A quick Rover review

I'm so glad that Denise knows that we will need to go back to Newfoundland and Nova Scotia someday. I won't need to do any convincing since she already knows we didn't get enough. I'd like to see some other places in Newfoundland, and I really need to go back to Gros Morne National Park again too.

We had a really good wander, even though rain and fog made us turn back early or skip some walks altogether. We walked in sunshine, in fog, in out and out rain. We bounced along the shore, and we climbed up high too.

I really wanted to visit Acadia on our way home (well sort of on a slightly out-of-the-way path home). I saw the weather forecast, so I knew that wouldn't be a good idea. I was sure I was going to need to convince Denise to stay on the highway and head straight home from Moncton, but she knew that going home was the right thing to do. No convincing needed. I wonder if I can talk her into a long weekend to Acadia a little bit into fall. Hmmm...

Denise is still reviewing her photos, and if I know her it will take a bit to get her galleries built. In the meantime, I grabbed a couple of photos to share with you.


Rover watching the rain

From our first morning in Newfoundland, heading back to the mainland after encountering heavy heavy fog on the Port au Port peninsula. Why did we stop at this spot? Because of the alpacas!

alpaca

Isn't he beautiful?

Tablelands in rain

This is from our first walking day in Newfoundland. (Or should I say on Newfoundland?) We were bouncing along the Tablelands trail in heavy mist, then in light rain. Can you see the raindrops?

Louisbourg Light

But oh! we had sunny days too. Here's a shot of me in front of Louisbourg Light in Nova Scotia. That was such a pretty day!
--- Rover