Denise Goldberg's blog

To Newfoundland!
An awesome August adventure

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wishing stone

Look! Denise got me my very own wishing stone.

I know, I know, it's really made of glass. I think I can look into it and dream of travel destinations for Denise and me.

Where did she find it? When we were in Sydney she found a brochure called the Cape Breton Artisan Trail Map, published by the Cape Breton Centre for Craft and Design. There were some galleries that jumped out at her, and she picked up a couple of small pieces of glass for herself, one at the place that published the map, and one at Glass Artisans Studio & Gallery. That second place is where she picked up my wishing stone. And there was an artist set up in a tent outside - in all of that wind - blowing glass into wonderful shapes. That was fun to watch too.


--- Rover