Denise Goldberg's blog

To Newfoundland!
An awesome August adventure

Saturday, August 29, 2009

2670 miles

...or 4297 kilometers if you prefer metric. That's how many miles I rolled over in my wandering - from home to the furthest point of my travel, around in some circles, and home again.

Yes, I know, that wasn't human-powered mileage. My feet put on a fair amount of mileage too, wandering on trails, along many bodies of water, even in cities. I could have happily continued wandering, but it was time to head home.



I really did hope to stop in Acadia National Park on my way home. After all, I've only been there once this year. A second visit sounded like a good idea. Of course that was before Danny started spinning up the East Coast.

Yesterday was my Moncton, NB to N Andover, MA day - heading home, driving on dry roads. Today? It rained all day, dropping about 2 1/2 inches of rain in the area near my home. Other towns received upwards of 5 inches. Now that's a lot of water!

My decision to head home without an additional stop in Maine was a good one (this time). It was a good and needed rest day. I took a quick look at my photos, more looking and weeding out still to come - but I spent most of the day relaxing, reading, listening to the rain.



I learned many years ago that the only places I don't need to return to are those places that I didn't like.

Happily, Newfoundland and Nova Scotia both jumped back onto my list of places to wander again.