Denise Goldberg's blog

To Newfoundland!
An awesome August adventure

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lost and found

I've been wandering through the guide book provided by the Newfoundland and Labrador Tourism office. It's titled LOST AND FOUND, and shares the words "Take this opportunity to explore this mysterious land. Let go of your expectations. Prepare yourself to be lost, and found, in Newfoundland and Labrador."

I like playing with words, and the lost and found phrases that introduce each section of the guide have been jumping off the page at me.


From the Newfoundland Labrador 2009 Travelers Guide:

Is it possible to feel at the same time... lost and found?
Getting lost... For the traveller, not the tourist.

Lost: track of time
Found: a whole new time zone

Lost: map
Found: perspective

Lost: my inner tourist
Found: my inner traveller

Lost: stress
Found: peace

Lost: myself
Found: myself