Denise Goldberg's blog

To Newfoundland!
An awesome August adventure

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Watching the fog...

...roll in and out

It's a gray, rainy morning here. As I sit looking out of the window, I can see a spit of land across the harbor. Just a minute ago that land was completely engulfed in cloud.

The rain has been cycling between light rain and heavy downpours. I was ready to move, to head out to walk, and the heavy rain started again. Hmmm... I think I'll sit for a little longer. I can happily read for a while, and chat with other guests who are also waiting out the rain. I think there will be walking in my day at some point, probably wet walking.

I have a good rain jacket with me, rain hat too. The jacket is in my room, but my hat and umbrella are in the car. That's not too smart, is it? Just a short dash through the rain will get me the rest of my rain gear.


Marine Atlantic has posted warnings about possible ferry delays between 8pm tonight and 8am on Monday. I just phoned for an update, and was told to call at 10:30 tomorrow morning for an updated boarding time. When I told them that I'd be on the road at that point in time they suggested that I call at 7am.

The word I got this morning is that the departure times are under control of the captains (as they should be), and that it would be a delayed departure as opposed to an outright cancellation.