Denise Goldberg's blog

To Newfoundland!
An awesome August adventure

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Province # 3

It was 5 o'clock when I crossed the Canso Causeway from Cape Breton Island back to the mainland portion of Nova Scotia. It was time to start the journey towards home.

I jumped onto route 104 heading west. It was a two lane road with sometimes passing lanes, with speed limits ranging from 80 to 100 kph. And then, it changed to a divided highway. The miles flowed by. I ended today's drive in Moncton, New Brunwick.

I keep thinking about stopping in one more wandering spot on the way home. The two places that have been swirling around in my mind are Hopewell Rocks and Acadia National Park. That doesn't surprise you, does it?

Problem is, if I stop somewhere to play tomorrow that puts me on the road on Saturday, driving through what's likely to be heavy rain. Only tomorrow will tell...

canal at the Canso Causeway