Denise Goldberg's blog

To Newfoundland!
An awesome August adventure

Friday, August 14, 2009

New places...

Off the ferry, through immigrations, on the road, rolling north and then east...

The two-plus hour drive from Yarmouth to Wolfville took me down roads I traveled last on a bicycle, past the point that I turned to the south on my first visit to Nova Scotia three years ago and onto new-to-me roads. The views were of rolling fields, distant hills, trees, green beauty.

Home for tonight and tomorrow night is In Wolfville B&B. I had a wonderful conversation with hosts Gordon and Pam when I checked in, a good start to this adventure's B&Bs.

Tomorrow? I have a strong suspicion that there are more places I want to wander than I have time. That's a good problem to have, isn't it? I'm headed for the water, to Cape Split, or Blomidon Provincial Park, or maybe, who knows, maybe both. Then there are the botanical gardens at Acadia University. I wonder if there is time to play in all three places. I suspect not; only tomorrow will tell.


A welcoming entry to In Wolfville B&B...