Denise Goldberg's blog

To Newfoundland!
An awesome August adventure

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Closer...


...getting closer! Oh! The last time I wrote I was counting the weeks, and now I am counting the days. Soon...

I've been rambling around the house, and I see that Denise hasn't started gathering things together for our wander to the north and east. I thought I'd help her a bit, to remind her of things that shouldn't be forgotten. What things? Well, I started by telling her that she should start wearing her RoadID now, one less thing to forget. She's really good about grabbing it before she heads out walking or riding, but a couple of times lately she actually got out to the road in front of our place and realized she wasn't wearing it. You know what? She listened, and she's wearing it now!

I'm leaving notes around for Denise, or I'm pulling things out and putting them where she'll trip on them. That way she won't forget anything important.


While waiting for our adventure...

I headed out early yesterday with Denise. She told me about some big dog sculptures that she saw Friday night on her bike ride. I don't always ride with her when she heads out for exercise, but it looks like I should have joined her on Friday. Lucky for me that she didn't get enough of the dogs on Friday, so I jumped into her camera bag before she headed back for a second visit.

Denise is practicing for our trip, so she had me pose on one of the big dogs. It's a photo of me though, not of the big dog - so I've included a picture of my view through the dog's dog-bone too.



Dale's dogs

That's a really nice photo of me, isn't it? If you'd like to see more photos of the big dogs, you can find them in Denise's gallery, Dale's dogs.


I think it's OK to start getting excited about our wanders now. It's not too far away...
--- Rover